Before printing or when encountering an issue, you may need to check the status of your Sonic Mini 4K's LCD screen. This is to ensure that both the UV lights and the 6.1” Mono-LCD screen are functioning properly. We will guide you through the steps of performing an LCD test and how you can read it:
*Caution! DO NOT look directly into the light. Improper exposure to UV light may cause painful eye and/or skin injuries.
Step 1: LCD TEST
1. On the touch panel, click TOOLS, then click LCD TEST:
2. The image phrozen SONIC MINI 4K will appear on the touch panel and LCD screen.
3. Run this test to see if the image displayed on LCD matches the image on touch panel.
Step 2: VAT CLEANING
1. Click TOOLS, then click VAT CLEANING.
2. On the touch panel, a white rectangle will appear.
3. On the LCD screen, a 13.5 cm x 7.5 cm bright blue square will appear. Run this test to make sure the UV lights are distributed evenly.
Step 3: Z-axis Calibration
After making sure everything is functioning correctly on your LCD 3D printer, you’re all set to proceed to the next step: Z-axis Calibration
Performing a Dry Print
Sometimes issues such as flickering or glitches may still be difficult to be identified after performing the above tests. This is why Dry Prints are helpful. A dry print is when you run a test print without placing the resin vat and the building plate. It is to check whether the LCD is flickering or not.
- Remove the resin vat and the building plate.
- Perform any test print of your choice.
- Inspect to see if the image shown on the LCD is the same as on the touch panel.