Vat Cleaning Function
The vat cleaning function exposes the entire LCD for several seconds, forming a thin layer of cured resin on the FEP film. We suggest you perform this function when your 3D prints have failed, and a large amount of cured resin particles are scattered around the resin vat.
- Fill the vat with some resin.
- On the touch panel, click TOOLS, then choose VAT CLEANING.
- Set the exposure time to 30~60 seconds. Then click NEXT.
- A thin layer of resin should cure on the FEP film.
Remove the Thin Layer
- Pour resin back to the bottle by using the funnel provided in the toolbox. Pour slowly to avoid spillage. Click here to learn more.
- Use a clean paper towel to remove excess resin remaining in the vat.
- Spray 95% sanitizing alcohol onto the thin layer of resin. Let the resin sit for a while as it softens up.
- Then use the plastic scraper included in the toolbox to remove the thin layer of cured resin.
Clean the Resin Vat
- Spray some sanitizing alcohol and use a kitchen paper towel to wipe excess resin present on the FEP film.
- Repeat the step above, and make sure to clean the edges until the entire resin vat is cleaned thoroughly.
- Attach the resin vat back onto the LCD 3D printer.